How to enable Paytm ‘Tap to Pay’: Paytm keeps improvising its services to suit the maximum number of people in a variety of conditions. Recently, the platform announced that it will introduce the ‘Tap to Pay’ feature, which enables them to make extremely quick transactions just by tapping their phones on the PoS machine.
Even if there is no internet connection, the Paytm service that makes payments using NFC can work. However, for the time being, the service is only available to Android users. This service is unavailable to iOS users because the NFC-enabled ‘Tap to Pay’ capability for iPhones is only available through Apple Pay, which is currently unavailable in India.
How to enable Paytm ‘Tap to Pay’ On Android
- Open the Paytm app on your phone. Check to see if the application is up to date. If you haven’t already, go to the Google Play Store.
- Choose Tap to Pay after the app is open.
- If you don’t have a card saved yet, select Add New Card at the bottom of the screen. If you already have, you can skip this step.
- Select the card you want to enable the feature on and then press Proceed to Card Verification.
- A One-Time Password will be sent to you (OTP). When you enter it, your Tap To Pay feature will be enabled.
- Make sure your phone’s NFC is turned on before using the Tap To Pay feature. The amount that can be paid utilizing this feature has a limit of Rs.5,000. If the transaction value exceeds Rs.5000, the PIN on the PoS machine must be entered.
The functionality was created using technology that converts a card’s 16-digit Primary Account Number (PAN) into a digital transaction code. This code allows the user to pay the amount at the PoS machine without having to share any card information.