How to Share a Tweet on Instagram Story on iOS and Android
How to Share a Tweet on Instagram Story on iOS and Android: If you are someone who likes to share tweets on your Instagram Stories, then I’m sure your phone’s photo gallery is full of tweet screenshots. Well, that is about to be a thing of the past as Twitter now lets you add tweets to Instagram Stories with ease. If you want to learn how to do that, you have come to the right place. Here’s how to directly share a tweet on your Instagram Story on iOS and Android.
How to Share Tweets on Instagram Stories
While Twitter now has an official method to share tweets to Instagram Stories, we have included two workarounds for sharing tweets on Stories on Android devices. So be sure to read the story till the end or use the interactive table below to jump to the desired section.
Twitter first started testing this feature at the end of 2020. The company, however, has only recently enabled the ability to share a tweet on Instagram Story for all iOS users.
With that out of the way, let’s get into the step-by-step guide on how you can directly share a tweet from Twitter to your Instagram Stories. Follow the steps below.
- First, open the Twitter app on your iOS device.
- Select a tweet that you want to share on your IG Story and tap the “Share” icon.
- Once the iOS share sheet opens up, select the “Instagram Stories” option.
- Following this, you will be redirected to the Instagram app, and a new IG Story draft will open up on your iPhone. The tweet will appear as a movable, resizable sticker for your Instagram Story. You can now also add text, stickers, and all the jazz to give your story a facelift.
- Then, tap the “Your Story” button at the bottom-left corner to share the tweet on your IG Stories.
By following the steps above, you can share a tweet directly from Twitter to Instagram Stories with ease on your iPhone. However, the tweet in Stories will appear as a non-interactive image. It is not linked to the original tweet. You cannot tap on the tweet to open the tweet in the Twitter app, and that’s a little disappointing. Moreover, do keep in mind that you cannot add a protected tweet on your Instagram Story.
How to Share Tweets to Instagram Story on Android
As for the process of sharing tweets on Instagram Stories using an Android device, you will, unfortunately, need to rely on workarounds for the time being. The direct share option is not available on Twitter for Android as of now. Hence, users still need to use tweet screenshots until Twitter rolls out the IG Stories integration on its Android app.
For now, we can suggest two methods to share tweets on your Instagram Stories using an Android device.
Method 1: Using Cropped Tweet Screenshot
- Open the Twitter app on your Android device. Then, take a screenshot of the tweet you want to include in your Instagram Story.
- Add the screenshot to a photo editing app of your choice and crop out the tweet.
- Next, open Instagram on your Android device and go to the Story creation section by swiping right from the home page or tapping the “+” button at the top left. If you choose the latter, do remember to switch to the “Story”.
- Then, tap on the gallery icon at the bottom left corner of the screen to open your photo library.
- And then, select the cropped screenshot of the tweet, and add it to your Instagram Story. That’s it.
Other than the above method, you can use another workaround to share tweets to your Instagram Story on an Android device.
Method 2: Using Photo Library Sticker
- Open the Instagram app on your Android device. Move to the Story creation UI, as I have instructed in the steps above, and select any random picture.
- Then, select the drawing tool from the options available at the top.
- Select a color of your choice from the palette at the bottom, and long-press on the screen to change the background color.
- Next, swipe up on the Story UI to open the stickers panel, and select the photo sticker.
- The photo sticker will open up your camera roll, enabling you to select the cropped tweet screenshot, and add it as a sticker to your Instagram Story.
Sharing Tweets on Instagram Stories Made Easy!
Now, you will agree that both the methods on Android are more tedious than the iOS process. However, as the ability to share tweets directly to Instagram Stories is limited to iPhones at the moment, Android users will need to depend on workarounds. There is currently no word on when the feature will be widely available to all users. We expect it will arrive really soon to cater to more Twitteratis. Also, let’s hope Instagram is more accepting of this integration and allow users to tap on tweets to see them on Twitter in the future.