Income tax return new portal: Infosys shares list of services available now
Income tax return: It seems that the Bengaluru-based IT major Infosys has been able to streamline most of the glitches users encountered on the new income-tax (I-T) portal since it went live in June. “Over three crore taxpayers have logged into the new Income Tax e-filing portal and over 1.5 crore returns have been filed to date,” Infosys said in a statement.
This comes after the persistent glitches the new e-filing portal has faced since its launch on June 7.
1) e-verification, largely through Aadhaar OTP authentication.
2) ITR 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 are now available for filing.
3) A majority of the statutory forms have also been made available online.
4) Several critical statutory forms like 15G, 15H, EQ1, 10A, 10E, 10IE, DTVSV, 15CA, 15CB, 35 as well as TDS Returns are being filed in large numbers.
5) Taxpayer services such as e-proceedings, response to notices and demands, e-PAN services, DSC registrations, and functionality for a legal heir, have also been enabled.
Infosys on Income Tax Portal
- Infosys said it ‘recognizes the ongoing challenges faced by some users and has engaged with more than 1,200 taxpayers directly to better understand their concerns, as per a PTI report.
- “The company is focused on rapidly resolving these challenges while working closely with the chartered accountant community to ensure that a comprehensive set of user scenarios are supported and thoroughly tested before deployment, the PTI report says.
- “Infosys remains committed to making rapid progress and has currently dedicated more than 750 resources to this project to complete significant portions of work, in collaboration with officials from the I-T Department,” it added.
- It further stated that “Infosys takes pride in partnering with the Government of India and continues to work closely with various departments to accelerate the digital evolution of the country’s technology capabilities”.
- Infosys was, in 2019, awarded a contract to develop the next-generation income tax filing system to reduce processing time for returns from 63 days to one day and expedite refunds. The portal went live in June this year, as per the PTI report.
- It had a bumpy start since the day of its launch, with taxpayers and professionals reporting glitches and difficulties in its functioning and many of these issues have continued even after over three months of the portal’s launch, PTI reported.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, in the meeting with Infosys CEO Salil Parekh, had expressed “deep disappointment” over persisting glitches and had given time till September 15 to resolve all the issues, PTI report said.